I have spent half of my career in the classroom and the other half in educational leadership and curriculum creation. I have a keen ability to create educational content that engages the learner, while ensuring understanding and retention. I am also
I have spent half of my career in the classroom and the other half in educational leadership and curriculum creation. I have a keen ability to create educational content that engages the learner, while ensuring understanding and retention. I am also experienced in adult learning and delivering professional development to school leaders.
Some of my experience/projects include:
1. Project Manager for a cutting edge STEM middle school curriculum for an educational non-profit. The curriculum is NGSS-oriented, housed in a web app and delivered to students in a game-like way for optimal engagement. Wrote a complete framework (including several lessons to serve as a guide for my team of writers), worked with a team of developers to determine the creative direction and user experience, provided ongoing oversight and innovative leadership to a team of writers/designers.
2. Several standards-aligned SEL (social and emotional learning) curricula: high school, middle school and elementary. My responsibilities included: course design, writing original academic content, course revision, creating activities and associated materials.
3. Writing a multidisciplinary educational curriculum that is still being circulated. It is a year-long standards-based curriculum that has effectively increased literacy and improved student success through STEAM and project based learning. In addition, I provided professional development and best use coaching to teachers.
4. Creating a SEL curriculum and workbook for educational leaders (teachers and principals) regarding best practices for socially and emotionally healthy classrooms. The training is currently being delivered to school leaders across the country.
5. Writing significant portions of content for a 60,000+ word educational book on social and emotional learning that was published by Greenleaf: The EQ Intervention, Shaping a Self-aware Generation Through Social and Emotional Learning. This book received multiple awards including a Gold Medal in Psychology at the Independent Publisher Awards.
6. Writing and teaching an "SEL through Art" curriculum to grades K-5.
|Delivery time||3 days||5 days||1 day|
|Price||5.00 USD||10.00 USD||40.00 USD|